COVID-19 Response Team
Penrhyn Covid-19 Response Team
- Covid-19 Clinical Lead: Dr Toyin Oremakinde
- Covid-19 Admin Lead: Mrs Suzia Riasat
- Covid-19 Social Prescriber: Ms Arevik Mkrttchian
For any support and help for shielding patient please direct your queries to “Penrhyn Covid-19 Response Team” via our secure online form
Extremely vulnerable people who should shield from Covid-19
If you are a patient looking for shielding advice, visit the shielded patient pages on the NHS Digital website
If you are already on the list and require extra support, you can register on gov.uk
- Patients who are at high risk of developing complications from coronavirus (COVID-19) infection are identified by the following criteria
- Solid organ transplant recipients.
- People with specific cancers:
- people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
- people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
- people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
- people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
- People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary (COPD).
- People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell).
- People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
- Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
- For any issues or concerns please contact our dedicated
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.